Sunday, June 1, 2014

Warehouse Antiques and Collectibles

Although Warehouse Antiques and Collectibles (located on Water St., under the Glebe St. Frenchy's) just opened its doors this year, Howard Benham is an old hand when it comes to picking antiques.

"Oh my gosh, I've been doing this off and on for 35 years or so," he says.

Warehouse Antiques & Collectibles

He goes by the moniker Antique Picker and also sells his wares from his barn at 301 Dayton Rd.

Warehouse Antiques & Collectibles

Benham says his love of antiques started when he was just a boy.

"I've just always liked old stuff," he says. "We'd go to Grammie's to visit and, you know, my brothers would be out playing and I'd be in the house looking at all the neat, old stuff. It's just always been something I've liked."

Warehouse Antiques & Collectibles

Warehouse Antiques and Collectibles is a group effort with several vendors sharing one large space. He and fellow collector, Alice Pedersen, came up with the idea of opening a shop.

"I needed a partner, so we partnered up," he says. "We'll give it a whirl and see what happens. I hope it works out for us."

Warehouse Antiques & Collectibles
Howard Benham, Alice Pedersen, and Craig Ward

Benham has been instrumental in helping to organize the second annual Tusket Vintage and Antiques Fair. He says he's excited to take part again this year.

"I'm glad Natalie [Smith] started this," "We love it and look forward to doing it again this year."

Warehouse Antiques & Collectibles

No comments:

Post a Comment